Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Setting Up for Android Devolopment - 4

Step 4: Installing Android SDK

This is what it says in http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html. "The Android SDK(Software Development Kit) provides you the API libraries and developer tools necessary to build, test, and debug apps for Android".

As I said in the previous post, once ADT installation is finished , Eclipse prompted me to download Android SDK.That was easy since it automatically come up and do everything. But I think it can be downloaded and connected to Eclipse also using above link.

What I got after ADT installation is following. I selected to install latest SDK and set up the target location.

If SDK is spearately installed I think I ve to use Use exisitng SDK .
In next step I got following.Here Google asked whether I m ok if they collect some usage statistics.I selected no for the time being. But I think there is no risk even if I allowed.
  
In next dialog ,  I accepted the licence and agreement and press Install to install the SDK.

  

 Then installation started with a progress bar and Eclipse showing what being installed.



 Once this is finished, there is a new menu item in Eclipse, "Android SDK Manager "
Once this it is opened , I can see all installed component, what more available to install and for what component updates are available.
Each time I start SDK Manager, it seems to be checking for updates online.

So I think everything in place now. What next? That is to right my first Android program "Hi Android". That is in next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment